The Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation under its Scholarship Programme awards interest-free loan scholarships to Indian students with a consistently good academic record. The scholarship amount (upto a maximum of Rs. 20 lakhs) is decided as per the assessment of the Foundation.
The scholarships are awarded to students who wish to pursue their postgraduate studies in the fields of Pure Sciences, Applied Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities, Law, Architecture and Management at prestigious Indian and international universities.
- Indian nationals residing in India.
- Students below 30 years of age.
- Graduates of a recognised university (students in the final year of a degree course and those awaiting their results are also eligible to apply).
- Students having sought admission for a postgraduate degree programme at any prestigious university for the fall intake (Those who are awaiting a decision from a university are also eligible to apply. However, the award of the scholarship is subject to them securing admission)
- Applications for the Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarships for Higher Studies are invited by the Foundation in the month of January for every academic year.
- The mode of application is online.
- The candidate is required to complete the registration online at http://pg.nsfoundation.co.in. Upon registration, the login credentials will be sent to the registered email ID. Once the registration is complete, an application fee of Rs. 500/- is payable either online through Net Banking or offline by sending a Demand Draft issued in favour of the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation.
- On receiving the application fee, the candidate will be able to access the form online by logging in with the provided login credentials.
- Completed application forms should be submitted on or before the deadline.
- Only candidates shortlisted for the next round of the selection process are contacted by the Foundation.
- They are required to produce duly certified supporting documents.
- The next round of the selection process is the interview round, for which candidates are required to come down to the Foundation's office.
- Mark sheets of Std. Xth, XIIth, and all years of the undergraduate programme and degree certificates.
- Score cards of any qualifying examination taken (Eg. GRE, GMAT, CAT, GATE etc).
- Copy of the admission letter(s) from the university, if obtained.
- Reference letters (in a sealed envelope).
- Statement of the course fee and any other financial document (this would include any other letter indicating the receipt of a scholarship, other source of funding, fee waiver etc).
- Attested copy of the passport.
- One passport size photograph.
- Latest Income Tax Returns of parents.
Selection Procedure for the Scholarship
All applications will be screened for shortlisting. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed between the months of April-May. It is mandatory for all the shortlisted candidates to attend a personal interview in Mumbai in the month of June.
Please note: The interview is the basis for final selection.
Post Selection Formalities
The Foundation announces the final list of scholars towards the end of June or first week of July.
It is mandatory for all the scholars to submit attested copies of the following documents within the timeline as decided by the Foundation:
1. The letter confirming admission to the college/ university for the proposed course of study.
2. I-20 in case of students admitted to the universities in the United States and a copy of the letter highlighting the financial support in case of students admitted to universities in other countries.
A two-day Orientation Programme is held for all the scholars in Mumbai in the month of July. It is mandatory for every scholar to attend the Programme.
All the paperwork pertaining to the Scholarship will be completed on the second day of the Orientation Programme. The paperwork will include the following:
1. Memorandum of Understanding- Scholars will be required to sign the Memorandum of Understanding with the Foundation and agree to its terms and conditions.
2. Undertaking- Guarantors along with the scholars will be required to sign an Undertaking.
3. Insurance- Scholars will have to buy an Insurance Policy and assign the same to the Foundation.
Disbursement and Repayment
On receiving a copy of the visa, the scholarship amount will be disbursed. Repayments will commence one year after the completion of the course as per the following schedule:
1st year after course completion: Nil
2nd year after course completion: 30% of the scholarship amount
3rd year after course completion: 35% of the scholarship amount
4th year after course completion: 35% of the scholarship amount
For more information on the Scholarship Programme please feel free to write to us on:
Alternatively, you can also call us on:
+91-22-61326220 / 21